KC Wilson Insurance & Financial Services has served the San Jose, CA area long enough to know that a moment of preparation in the form of purchasing quality insurance is worth a million moments trying to restore your home or business after an event. If you are ready to purchase commercial insurance, here are some considerations for California residents.
- California state law requires Worker’s Compensation insurance if you have employees. This will protect you, and your employee’s on a most basic level. But this basic legal requirement is often not considered enough. You have many options for upgrades for the perfect policy for all your commercial needs.
- If your company has vehicles or employees that drive for the job, then commercial vehicle insurance may be required, and it is certainly recommended to go above and beyond basic automobile insurance coverage.
- Additional commercial insurance is easy to purchase and can help ensure that your company, your family, and your employees will have a cushion of support even if there is an event outside of your control. You can choose exactly the level of coverage that you need.
- Your location may determine your insurance rates, so consider this if you are buying a warehouse near the water or near other elements that may be a risk to the company’s structure or safety.
- If you have a specialty item or a unique risk level, you may want to add umbrella insurance to your commercial policy for additional monetary coverage.
Contact us at KC Wilson Insurance & Financial Services if you are looking for quality insurance in San Jose, CA.
With upwards of 4 million small businesses in California, business owners must protect their investment to ensure their own financial success and the livelihoods of those they employ. To that end, businesses in California must have workers’ compensation insurance regardless of the number of full-time or part-time workers they employ. In short, workers’ compensation insurance helps pay for the medical bills and lost wages associated with an employee being injured or getting ill while on the job. In addition to workers’ compensation insurance, California businesses must also have commercial auto insurance on any company-owned vehicles. Keep in mind that this law only extends to vehicles that are owned by the business, so if your employees are required to use their personal vehicles for work-related functions, then you should strongly consider hired and non-owned auto insurance because the vast majority of personal insurance policies will not cover business use.
Although workers’ compensation and commercial auto insurance are the only two insurance requirements for businesses in California, there are additional policies that can be purchased for your business that help protects various aspects. For instance, cyber liability insurance protects small businesses from the exponential costs stemming from lawsuits, identity protection tools, fines, and much more, resulting from a data breach or hack. Other optional policies include general liability and professional liability insurance, which protect business owners from third party damages and errors or omissions.
With so many options to choose from, selecting a commercial insurance policy can feel overwhelming. Lucky for you, the friendly and professional team at KC Wilson Insurance & Financial Services in San Jose, CA strives to make the process as easy as possible. Give us a call today to schedule a no-obligation consultation.